The Government has introduced a new admission scheme from the academic year 2018 onwards. The new scheme has slight effects on our admission system.
1. THE ADMISSION SYSTEM
In compliance with the Government’s new admission scheme, we offer 3 tracks for admission to the Program (Track 1, Track 2, and Track 3). Track 1 and Track 2’s selection criteria and examinations remain unchanged. Track 3 which shares the same requirements as Track 1 provides an extension to those who cannot submit a SAT score before Track 1’s deadline. Qualified applicants may apply for admission through Track 1, Track 2 or Track 3, or all tracks. However, once the successful applicant accepts the admission offer, he or she will be disqualified from all other admission tracks and programs of study (clearing system).
2. NUMBER OF ADMITTED APPLICANTS
Approximately 120 applicants will be admitted to the Program in the following proportions:
3. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
You must meet the requirements outlined below prior to enrolment. If you fail to meet any requirement, you will be disqualified and your application fee will not be refunded.
3.1. General Requirements
You must meet the qualifications described in Clause 7 of the Thammasat University Regulations on Undergraduate Studies B.E. 2540 and its amendments, where you must not:
(1) Carry any serious communicable diseases and any diseases that would be detrimental to your education;
(2) Have any serious social disgrace; and
(3) Have registered in another university or higher education institution in Thailand.
3.2. Specific Requirements
3.2.1 Academic Requirements
You must have or expect to receive a Matthayom 6 certificate, a high school certificate, or an equivalent from an educational institution in Thailand or a foreign country.
If you have or expect to receive a high school certificate or an equivalent from an institution in a foreign country, that institution must be accredited by the Ministry of Education of Thailand prior to student registration.
3.2.2 English Language Requirements
You must achieve one of the following minimum scores on an English proficiency test listed below. You must submit an official score report that is valid for 2 years from the examination date to the Office of the LL.B. Program.
(1) TU-GET: 500
(2) TOEFL in one of the following formats: (a) Internet-based: 61, (b) Computer-based: 173, or (c) Paper-based: 500
(3) IELTS: 6.0
If you have or expect to receive a high school certificate or an equivalent from an institution in a foreign country that uses English as its official language of instruction, you are exempt from the English language qualifications. However, your institution must be accredited by the Ministry of Education of Thailand.
4. APPLICATION DATES AND DEADLINES
5. APPLICATION FEE
The application fees are 500 baht for Track 1 and Track 3 and 1,500 baht for Track 2.
6. HOW TO APPLY
(1) Please read the instructions. <<Track 1>> <<Track 2>> <<Track 3>>
(2) You submit your application form.
(3) After online submission, you will be able to print out an application fee payment form. You must submit the form to a bank to make a payment.
7. ADMISSION EXAMINATIONS AND SELECTION PROCESS
8. APPLICATION TIMELINES
9. DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE CENTRAL UNIVERSITY ADMISSIONS SYSTEM
If you accept our admission offer, you will be disqualified from the Central University Admissions System.
10. CONTACT INFORMATION
For general enquiries or questions concerning admission to the Program, please contact the Office at
Office of International Programs (Room LA 124), Faculty of Law, Thammasat University
2, Phra Chan Alley, Phra Nakhon,
Bangkok, 10200, Thailand
Tel: +66 2 613 2973 – 2975
Mobile: + 66 8 8861 2651
Fax: +66 2 613 2972
Last Updated: 09 June 2018