1. THE ADMISSION SYSTEM
We currently have a two-track system for admission to the Program (Track 1 and Track 2). Track 1 and Track 2 have different selection criteria and examinations. Qualified applicants may apply for admission through track 1, or track 2, or both tracks.
2. NUMBER OF ADMITTED APPLICANTS
Approximately 120 applicants will be admitted to the Program in the following proportions:
3. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
You must meet the requirements outlined below prior to enrolment. If you fail to meet any requirement, you will be disqualified and your application fee will not be refunded.
3.1. General Requirements
You must meet the qualifications described in Clause 7 of the Thammasat University Regulations on Undergraduate Studies B.E. 2540 and its amendments, where you must not:
(1) Carry any serious communicable diseases and any diseases that would be detrimental to your education;
(2) Have any serious social disgrace; and
(3) Have registered in another university or higher education institution in Thailand.
3.2. Specific Requirements
3.2.1 Academic Requirements
You must have or expect to receive a Matthayom 6 certificate, a high school certificate, or an equivalent from an educational institution in Thailand or a foreign country.
If you have or expect to receive a high school certificate or an equivalent from an institution in a foreign country, that institution must be accredited by the Ministry of Education of Thailand prior to student registration.
3.2.2 English Language Requirements
You must achieve one of the following minimum scores on an English proficiency test listed below. You must submit an official score report that is valid for 2 years from the examination date to the Office of the LL.B. Program.
(1) TU-GET: 500
(2) TOEFL in one of the following formats: (a) Internet-based: 61, (b) Computer-based: 173, or (c) Paper-based: 500
(3) IELTS: 6.0
If you have or expect to receive a high school certificate or an equivalent from an institution in a foreign country that uses English as its official language of instruction, you are exempt from the English language qualifications. However, your institution must be accredited by the Ministry of Education of Thailand.
4. APPLICATION DATES AND DEADLINES
You must submit your application and make a payment of application fee within the following time frames.
Track 1: between 1 December 2016 and 31 January 2017
Track 2: between 1 December 2016 and 15 February 2017
5. APPLICATION FEE
The application fee is 1,500 baht.
6. HOW TO APPLY
(1) Please read the instructions here.
(2) You submit your application form online here.
(3) After online submission, you will be able to print out an application fee payment form. You must submit the form to a bank to make a payment.
7. ADMISSION EXAMINATIONS AND SELECTION PROCESS
8. APPLICATION TIMELINES
9. DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE CENTRAL UNIVERSITY ADMISSIONS SYSTEM
If you accept our admission offer, you will be disqualified from the Central University Admissions System.
10. CONTACT INFORMATION
For general enquiries or questions concerning admission to the Program, please contact the Office at
Office of International Programs (Room LA 124), Faculty of Law, Thammasat University
2, Phra Chan Alley, Phra Nakhon,
Bangkok, 10200, Thailand
Tel: +66 2 613 2973 – 2975
Mobile: + 66 8 8861 2651
Fax: +66 2 613 2972
Last Updated: 28 October 2016